Health Care Complaints Commission Accessibility Statement
This statement relates to content available on the Health Care Complaints Commission website.
If you have any questions or comments about this statement or the content on this
site, please send an online feedback or
contact the Commission.
Accessible Web Design
This site has been developed to ensure content is available to the widest possible
audience, including readers using assistive technology or accessibility features.
By adhering to guidelines for accessible web design, we acknowledge the diversity
of communication methods, available technologies and abilities of web-users in the
The Commission strives to maintain conformity to W3C's Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines (WCAG). It meets the coding criteria for compliance with W3C CSS (cascading
style sheets) and HTML 4.01 Transitional. The public pages on this site meet the
criteria for AA compliance with WCAG guidelines, and have been checked using the
Wave 3.0 Accessibility Tool.
Visit www.w3c.org for more information.
This site uses only relative font sizes, compatible with the user-specified "text
size" option in visual browsers.
To change the text size:
You can change the size of the text on this website using tools in your web browser. Try using Ctrl+ to increase the text size and Ctrl - to decrease it. On a Mac use Command + or Command -. You can also use toolbar commands:
- Internet Explorer - select Page, Text Size.
- Firefox - select View, Zoom.
- Chrome - select Tools, Zoom.
- Safari - select View.
If you print pages on this site, banners, footers, navigation and background graphics will be omitted and the text will be optimised for printing, saving paper and ink. To print pages as they appear on the web take a screens
Internet Explorer 6/7/8
- Select Tools | Internet Options...
- Select the Security tab in the Internet Options dialog box.
- From the list of zones at the top of the Security options tab, select the
- Click the Custom level button.The Security Settings - Internet Zone
dialog box displays.
- Scroll down to the Scripting -> Active Scripting item.
- Select the Enable option.
- Click OK.
- Select Tools | Options...
- Select the Content button from the top row of options.
it is OK if you do).
- Click OK.
If you encounter accessibility difficulties with the website, please contact the