In all our interactions with the public, health care providers and within the Commission we apply our core values and supporting behaviours.
- We place public health and safety at the centre of everything we do.
- We act impartially and independently in the public interest.
- We treat all people fairly and equitably, and act with integrity.
- We strive for excellence and efficiency.
- We respect each other and collaborate.
- We are responsive and accountable.
- We foster open and honest communication and information sharing.
- We commit to learning and improvement in our service.
Our Code of Conduct
The Code of Conduct provides practical guidance on the way we carry out our functions. It outlines how we perform our duties diligently, impartially, conscientiously and to the best of our ability.
The Code of Conduct applies to all staff of the Commission and to all consultants engaged by the Commission.
Read the full Code of Conduct here
Still need more information
If you would like to speak to someone at the Commission for more information before you lodge a written complaint you can contact the Inquiry Line during business hours, Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm on 1800 043 159 or submit an online inquiry.
Ready to lodge your complaint
All complaints must be made in writing and we aim to assess complaints within 60 days. Your complaint will be allocated to an assessment officer and we will write to you to explain the outcome of your complaint.
Click here to make a complaint
Track my complaint
You can track the progress of your complaint online.
Click here to track your complaint