Andrew Weinzettel – Physiotherapist - Unsatisfactory Professional Conduct

27 January 2021

The Health Care Complaints Commission prosecuted Andrew Weinzettel, Physiotherapist, before the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal.

It was alleged that Mr Weinzettel engaged in unsatisfactory professional conduct and professional misconduct in relation to installation of a covert camera in the bathroom of his practice. In October 2019, Mr Weinzettel was convicted of seven counts of the offence of filming a person’s private parts without consent for the purpose of sexual arousal or sexual gratification under s 91L(1) of the Crimes Act (NSW) through installation of the covert cameras. it was also alleged that he failed to notify the Physiotherapy Board NSW within 7 days of being charged and convicted of offences in NSW.

On 27 January 2021 the Tribunal published its Stage 1 decision, finding Mr Weinzettel guilty of unsatisfactory professional conduct. The Tribunal will determine protective orders in Stage 2 proceedings.

The full decision is available at NSW Caselaw website

Further Information

For further information, contact the Executive Officer of the Health Care Complaints Commission, on 9219 7444 or send an email to

The information in this media release is correct at the time of publication. Orders may change; for example, conditions may no longer apply. For current information regarding the status of a registered health practitioner, including any conditions that currently apply, please check the National Register at

Still need more information

If you would like to speak to someone at the Commission for more information before you lodge a written complaint you can contact the Inquiry Line during business hours, Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm on 1800 043 159 or submit an online inquiry.

Online inquiry

Ready to lodge your complaint

All complaints must be made in writing and we aim to assess complaints within 60 days. Your complaint will be allocated to an assessment officer and we will write to you to explain the outcome of your complaint.

Click here to make a complaint

Track my complaint

You can track the progress of your complaint online.

Click here to track your complaint