Dr Merle Chit Swe - General Practitioner – Suspension and conditions for unsatisfactory professional conduct and professional misconduct

23 December 2022

The Health Care Complaints Commission prosecuted a complaint against General Practitioner Dr Merle Chit Swe before the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (‘the Tribunal’).

It was alleged that between December 2019 and April 2020, while working at Rouse Hill Town Medical Centre, Dr Chit Swe contravened a condition on her registration by working when her approved supervisor was not on-site.

On 22 December 2022, the Tribunal found this part of the complaint proven. The Tribunal found Dr Chit Swe guilty of unsatisfactory professional conduct and professional misconduct.

The Tribunal suspended Dr Chit Swe’s registration for a period of nine months and also imposed conditions on her registration, including to practise under supervision and to undertake and pass a recognised English language skills test in accordance with the AHPRA English language skills.

The full decision can be found here: NSW Caselaw

Further Information

For further information, contact the Executive Officer of the Health Care Complaints Commission, on 9219 7444 or send an email to media@hccc.nsw.gov.au

The information in this media release is correct at the time of publication. Orders may change; for example, conditions may no longer apply.  For current information regarding the status of a registered health practitioner, including any conditions that currently apply, please check the National Register at www.ahpra.gov.au

Still need more information

If you would like to speak to someone at the Commission for more information before you lodge a written complaint you can contact the Inquiry Line during business hours, Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm on 1800 043 159 or submit an online inquiry.

Online inquiry

Ready to lodge your complaint

All complaints must be made in writing and we aim to assess complaints within 60 days. Your complaint will be allocated to an assessment officer and we will write to you to explain the outcome of your complaint.

Click here to make a complaint

Track my complaint

You can track the progress of your complaint online.

Click here to track your complaint