Mr Daryll Knowles – Pharmacist – Disqualification for Professional Misconduct and Unsatisfactory professional Conduct

8 April 2022

The Health Care Complaints Commission prosecuted a complaint against pharmacist, Daryll Knowles, before the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (‘the Tribunal’).

It was alleged that between 12 October 2010 and 9 November 2016 when sole proprietor of Australian Custom Pharmaceuticals (‘ACP’) Mr Knowles inappropriately compounded, permitted to be compounded and dispensed high volumes of restricted substances including ketamine (a schedule 8 drug), hormones and peptides.

In March 2022, the Tribunal found the complaint proven and found Mr Knowles guilty of unsatisfactory professional conduct and professional misconduct. The Tribunal found that had Mr Knowles been registered at the time of the hearing, the Tribunal would have cancelled his registration. The Tribunal also disqualified Mr Knowles from applying for registration for a period of three years.

The full decision can be found here: NSW Caselaw.

Further Information

For further information, contact the Executive Officer of the Health Care Complaints Commission, on 9219 7444 or send an email to

The information in this media release is correct at the time of publication. Orders may change; for example, conditions may no longer apply. For current information regarding the status of a registered health practitioner, including any conditions that currently apply, please check the National Register at

Still need more information

If you would like to speak to someone at the Commission for more information before you lodge a written complaint you can contact the Inquiry Line during business hours, Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm on 1800 043 159 or submit an online inquiry.

Online inquiry

Ready to lodge your complaint

All complaints must be made in writing and we aim to assess complaints within 60 days. Your complaint will be allocated to an assessment officer and we will write to you to explain the outcome of your complaint.

Click here to make a complaint

Track my complaint

You can track the progress of your complaint online.

Click here to track your complaint