Mr Elie Michel Hachem - Chiropractor – Registration cancelled for unsatisfactory professional conduct and professional misconduct

21 December 2022

The Health Care Complaints Commission prosecuted a complaint against registered chiropractor Mr Elie Hachem before the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (‘the Tribunal’).

It was alleged that between 2019 and 2020, while conducting his own practice in Liverpool and Fairfield, Mr Hachem:

  • Was convicted of eight offences of recording an intimate image and two offences of sexual touching.
  • Failed to notify the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency when he was charged with these and other offences, and again when he was later convicted of these offences.

In its decision of 19 December 2022, the Tribunal found the complaints proven and found Mr Hachem guilty of unsatisfactory professional conduct and professional misconduct.

The Tribunal cancelled Mr Hachem’s registration with a non-review period of one year.

The full decision can be found here: NSW Caselaw

Further Information

For further information, contact the Executive Officer of the Health Care Complaints Commission, on 9219 7444 or send an email to

The information in this media release is correct at the time of publication. Orders may change; for example, conditions may no longer apply.  For current information regarding the status of a registered health practitioner, including any conditions that currently apply, please check the National Register at


Still need more information

If you would like to speak to someone at the Commission for more information before you lodge a written complaint you can contact the Inquiry Line during business hours, Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm on 1800 043 159 or submit an online inquiry.

Online inquiry

Ready to lodge your complaint

All complaints must be made in writing and we aim to assess complaints within 60 days. Your complaint will be allocated to an assessment officer and we will write to you to explain the outcome of your complaint.

Click here to make a complaint

Track my complaint

You can track the progress of your complaint online.

Click here to track your complaint