Mr Peter Foster – Pharmacist – Suspended for Professional Misconduct and Unsatisfactory Professional Conduct

31 January 2022

The Health Care Complaints Commission prosecuted a complaint against Peter Foster, a registered pharmacist working at the David Wilson Day Night Chemist at Kirrawee. It was alleged that between 2015 – 2018 Mr Foster inappropriately dispensed large quantities of schedule 8 drugs of addiction to 8 patients, and that for 7 of the patients he knew or should have known that the drugs being supplied would risk the patient’s health and safety or at risk of misuse or diversion.

In January 2022, the Tribunal found Mr Foster guilty of professional misconduct and unsatisfactory professional conduct. The Tribunal ordered that Mr Foster be suspended for a period of 6 months, and also imposed conditions requiring that he attend treatment by a psychologist, submit to an audit, take a formal mentor and complete further study in ethics.

The full decision is available at NSW Caselaw.

Further Information

For further information, contact the Executive Officer of the Health Care Complaints Commission, on 02 9219 7444 or send an email to

The information in this media release is correct at the time of publication. Orders may change; for example, conditions may no longer apply. For current information regarding the status of a registered health practitioner, including any conditions that currently apply, please check the National Register at

Still need more information

If you would like to speak to someone at the Commission for more information before you lodge a written complaint you can contact the Inquiry Line during business hours, Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm on 1800 043 159 or submit an online inquiry.

Online inquiry

Ready to lodge your complaint

All complaints must be made in writing and we aim to assess complaints within 60 days. Your complaint will be allocated to an assessment officer and we will write to you to explain the outcome of your complaint.

Click here to make a complaint

Track my complaint

You can track the progress of your complaint online.

Click here to track your complaint