Mr Robert Richardson – Registered Nurse – Registration cancelled for being unfit to practise

23 November 2022

The Health Care Complaints Commission prosecuted a complaint against Registered Nurse Mr Robert Richardson before the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (‘the Tribunal’).

It was alleged that between 25 May 2020 and 2 November 2020, Mr Richardson:  

  • Was charged with 3 offences of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and was later found guilty of 1 of those offences.
  • Failed to notify the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency when he was charged with the offences and when he was found guilty of the offence.
  • Failed to provide information to the Nursing and Midwifery Council about a complaint.
  • Breached a condition of his registration.

On 22 November 2022, the Tribunal found the Complaint proven. The Tribunal found that Mr Richardson was guilty of unsatisfactory professional conduct and is unfit to practise as a registered nurse.

The Tribunal cancelled Mr Richardson’s registration with a non-review period of 6 months.

The full decision can be found here: NSW Caselaw

Further Information

For further information, contact the Executive Officer of the Health Care Complaints Commission, on 02 9219 7444 or send an email to

The information in this media release is correct at the time of publication. Orders may change; for example, conditions may no longer apply. For current information regarding the status of a registered health practitioner, including any conditions that currently apply, please check the National Register at

Still need more information

If you would like to speak to someone at the Commission for more information before you lodge a written complaint you can contact the Inquiry Line during business hours, Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm on 1800 043 159 or submit an online inquiry.

Online inquiry

Ready to lodge your complaint

All complaints must be made in writing and we aim to assess complaints within 60 days. Your complaint will be allocated to an assessment officer and we will write to you to explain the outcome of your complaint.

Click here to make a complaint

Track my complaint

You can track the progress of your complaint online.

Click here to track your complaint