Ms Katrina Rivett

The Commission makes the following Prohibition Order under section 41A(2)(a) of the Health Care Complaints Act 1993:

  • Ms Rivett is prohibited from providing any health service, either in paid employment or voluntarily, to any person.

For the purpose of this order, ‘health service’ is given the meaning as defined under section 4 of the Health Care Complaints Act 1993.

This prohibition order will remain in place until Ms Rivett can satisfy the Commission that any mental health condition she suffers from does not detrimentally affect, and is not likely to detrimentally affect, her ability to practice any health service and does not place clients at risk of harm.

The Commission will be so satisfied when the following conditions have been met:

  1. Receipt of a written report from a mental health practitioner who has been treating Ms Rivett for a minimum of 3 months that states she is no longer a risk to public health and safety;
  2. The completion of a risk assessment by the Commission that reflects a significant reduction in the risk of harm posed by Ms Rivett should she return to work in a heath related field. The risk assessment will require Ms Rivett to participate in an interview with a Commission officer prior to any decision to revoke the Prohibition order or amend the public statement. 

Further Information

For further information, contact the Executive Officer of the Health Care Complaints Commission, on 9219 7444.

Still need more information

If you would like to speak to someone at the Commission for more information before you lodge a written complaint you can contact the Inquiry Line during business hours, Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm on 1800 043 159 or submit an online inquiry.

Online inquiry

Ready to lodge your complaint

All complaints must be made in writing and we aim to assess complaints within 60 days. Your complaint will be allocated to an assessment officer and we will write to you to explain the outcome of your complaint.

Click here to make a complaint

Track my complaint

You can track the progress of your complaint online.

Click here to track your complaint