Make a complaint online

Your complaint must be in writing.

If you are unsure whether you want to make a written complaint you can:

  • Call our Inquiry Line on 1800 043 159 (toll free in NSW) and speak to an Inquiry Officer.
  • Visit the Do I have a complaint? page on our website to see if we can help with your concerns.
Lodging your complaint

All complaints must be made in writing. The easiest way for you to make your complaint is via our online complaints portal.

If you have records or other supporting information you can provide that to us as well.

You can also download and complete a complaint form or write a letter or email. You can send your email to or you can post your letter to our address.

We understand that some people may require help to make a written complaint. You can find out more about our language translation service  or request further assistance by phoning 1800 043 159.

Clear information will help the Commission assess your complaint. You should outline as much of the following as possible:

  • Who was involved?
  • What happened and when?
  • What are you concerned about?
  • Have you done anything else to address this matter?
  • What do you want to happen now?
Still need more information

If you would like to speak to someone at the Commission for more information before you lodge a written complaint you can contact the Inquiry Line during business hours, Monday to Friday from 9am – 5pm on 1800 043 159 or submit an online inquiry.

Online inquiry

Ready to lodge your complaint

All complaints must be made in writing and we aim to assess complaints within 60 days. Your complaint will be allocated to an assessment officer and we will write to you to explain the outcome of your complaint.

Click here to make a complaint

Track my complaint

You can track the progress of your complaint online.

Click here to track your complaint